Monday, December 11, 2006

Just Married!

This will be a surprise for most of you since, well, that's what we wanted! Rich and I tied the knot on a sunny evening on December 9th. It was a traditional Sri Lankan Poruwa ceremony - entirely in Sinhalese (so we think we're married...) We were joined by our great friends Sam Wales and Dave Brennan. We were going to send out a global invite but decided to keep it really intimate and simple - as simple as you can get with dancers, drummers, chanters and an elephant! Also, Sri Lanka is a little far for most of you (especially those of you with new babies). We know some of you will be a little disappointed that we didn't fill you in on the details beforehand but, you all know how I love surprises! So, SURPRISE!

We will put up more photos and some videos soon. It was quite the production! Needless to say, Rich and I are very happy and we had a wonderful day. More to come...

21 Comments:

At 9:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa!
You two are full of wonderful surprises!
Congrats on the super wedding day! Rich, I have never seen you so beaming with joy...and Joanne, another humongous welcome into the Gregory clan. You both looked royally splendid! Happy honeymoon! Can not wait to see the rest of the photos.
Love you big like and elephant :)
The Légers

 
At 10:46 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a surprise! Congratulations! :)

 
At 11:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I was just thinking to myself last week that I would not be surprised if you got married while on your trip. Congratulations! I am so very happy for you! Enjoy your honeymoon!

Claudine

 
At 10:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... OH MY GOSH!!! You sure keep us on our toes, don't you? Congratulations. You look absolutely radiant on top of that elephant!! We are so happy for you and look forward to hearing more stories and seeing the rest of the photos.

Thuy and Dave

 
At 12:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS you guys! Yay! I'm so happy for you! And what a way to always remember that special day, in such an exotic place! Congrats again and can't wait to see more pictures!

 
At 12:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanne: I am absolutely delighted for you both! What a lovely plan, and what a happy looking couple. Have a restful and joyous honeymoon. The biggest adventure of all is beginning...
Keep on trekking and enjoying this beautiful world. We'll be toasting you today at Jan's apartment (our Christmas gathering)

Love,
Marie-Thérèse

 
At 1:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This trip is full of wonderful surprises! Great pictures, great stories, and now, a great wedding, it could not happen under better circumstances. I am very happy for you both.

Mike Y.

 
At 12:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Félicitations!
Quelle belle façon de marquer l'événement...

Kareen

 
At 4:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Félicitation, et merci de nous faire vivre un bonheur à travers votre joie. you both look bliss, it's lovely to see. All the best , happy holiday and happy new year
Marie-Claire

 
At 10:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!

You two live an enchanted life, and you bring such joy everywhere you go.

Can't wait to see you when you come back to Montreal....you ARE coming back right???

Happy Holidays,
Hilman

 
At 11:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Joanne, I am so incredibly happy for the both of you. What a beautiful moment and amazingly fun way to tie the knot. You obviously share a lot of enjoyment together - and you both beam with love. Congratulations and best wishes on your wedding. love and warm hugs, Maria (from Ottawa)

 
At 8:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO you guys! I'm so happy to hear it was such a beautiful (if unintelligible...) ceremony and you enjoyed it so much! Congratulations you two! ...Now, where are you registered? :)

 
At 1:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What amazing news. I love the picture of you two on the the "Just Married" elephant. Can't wait to see more.
Anne

 
At 2:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and my very best wishes for a fabulous new year!
-Camellia

 
At 10:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rich and Jo,

Great way to get married, great photo and awesome news. Congratulations to you both and best wishes for a long,happy and travel filled life together !!

Laurie, Karen & Stephanie Dotto

 
At 2:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

we can't belive it!!! its a great surprise for us!!! CONGRATULATION!!! we hope that you spend a lovely honeymoon!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007!! enjoy your new life!!!
Lot of kisses from Barcelona
Marta & Sam

 
At 1:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS:) wonderful news,its been like a great story book I've been reading and now we have to see you back in Canada with your baby instead of a backpack!!!Merry Xmas and a wonderful 2007.
Rupa

 
At 9:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations!
WE want to wish you a happy, healthy and life together. Lots of
peace, love and joy.

Take Care,
Tammy and Jan

 
At 10:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
I have been "away" from the website for a few weeks! However, I too had a feeling... this would be one of the "tasks" on the trip "to-do list". You both beam with love and happiness, and I can't wait to hear all about it...
Many happy returns to you both. Best wishes on your upcoming adventures.

Abrazos y bessos, Isobel
Vancouver, BC

 
At 8:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Richard & Joanne,

The video and photos on CD are now being dubbed across Kirkland. Ralph and Christianne are the official spreaders of this wonderful news to Larochelle Street.
My Mom saw the photos and was simply amazed. We are bringing the video to the annual Gregory gathering this Saturday so that Gerry can catch up on all the fine details.

Congratulations, we love you both.

Love
Mom & Dad

 
At 8:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to the both of you...May your lives be filled with health, love and happiness...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home